Just like the crock, the Brown Jug was another of Medalta Potteries mainstays. You can use these reproductions as a maple syrup dispenser, decoration, or we've even seen the smaller jugs used as Christmas tree ornaments!
Medalta Ware is made using historic techniques, moulds, glazes and machinery originally used back in 1912 at Medalta Potteries. They are produced by our skilled artisans and initially fired with natural gas that is pumped from under the facility.
- Brown Jugs are available with three different styles: with the Medalta Potteries Ltd. (MPL) stamp, the Historic Clay District (HCD) stamp, or the rodeo decal.
- MPL is available in two sizes, small and medium.
- HCD is available in small only.
- Rodeo decal is available in medium only.
- Cork plug included
- Small: 8 x 5 x 4.5 cm
- Holds approximately 1/4 cup
- Medium: 13 x 9 x 7 cm
- Holds approximately 1 3/4 cups
- Made using the process of slip casting where liquid clay (slip) is poured into our historic moulds.
Care Instructions: Medalta Reproduction Brown Jugs are microwave, dishwasher and oven safe. Please do not place stoneware over direct heat or shock from one temperature to another.
Disclaimer: As our Medalta Ware Reproductions are handmade, they may not appear as pictured.