The original Medalta crocks were the most iconic piece made by the factory and true Canadiana. These reproductions may not be the OG, but they certainly help preserve it's reputation. Crocks are sold individually or as a set. Lids are sold separately.
Medalta Ware is made using historic techniques, moulds, glazes and machinery originally used back in 1912 at Medalta Potteries. They are produced by our skilled artisans and initially fired with natural gas that is pumped from under the facility.
Crocks can be used for a range of purposes. They can be used to store coffee, tea or baking supplies, and even as a utensil holder on the counter. Historically, crocks were used for preserving food. If you want to kick it old school and make your own sauerkraut or pickles, the 1 Imp. Gallon is an ideal size.
Crock Lids are sold separately.
- Crocks are measured in imperial gallons
- Crocks are available in 1/4 Imp. Gallon, 1/2 Imp. Gallon, and 1 Imp. Gallon.
- They can be nested inside one and other to make a complete canister set.
- 5 Imp. Gallon crocks are available seasonally (October-May) in limited quantities. Contact us to inquire.
- 1/4 Imp. Gallon:
- Measurements: 12.5 x 12.5 x 15 cm
- Holds approximately 4 cups or 925 ml
- 1/2 Imp. Gallon:
- Measurements: 16.5 x 16.5 x 19 cm
- Holds approximately 9 cups or 2.25 L
- 1 Imp. Gallon:
- Measurements: 20 x 20 x 24.5 cm
- Holds approximately 20.5 cups or 4.84 L
Care Instructions: All Medalta stoneware is microwave, dishwasher and oven safe. Please do not place stoneware over direct heat or shock from one temperature to another.
Disclaimer: Each crock is handmade so it may not appear exactly as pictured.
Buy a set and save! Use CROCK10 at check out to receive 10% off your purchase of a set of nested crocks (1/4 Gallon, 1/2 Gallon, and 1 Gallon).